March 2014 Archives
- A recognized leader in the IT services industry, Katherine Garcia is Senior Vice President of Applications Services for HP Enterprise Services. Her organization supports clients across all industries and located in more than 170 countries, applying innovation to modernize and manage their applications portfolios to enhance business results. Before joining HP, Garcia held several senior management positions at IBM that enabled her to gain a global perspective and to develop expertise in high-growth markets. In her most recent position there, she served as general manager of IBM Global Business Services, Growth Markets MTN, a global telecommunications company. In this role she was responsible for creating and executing strategic plans to initiate business operations across Africa. Previously in her career, Garcia was president of Lockheed Martin Naval Electronics and Surveillance Systems.
- Kathy Garcia talked to us about career advice, lending support to other women, and more!
- Consistently named by Forbes and Fortune as one the country's most powerful women in business, Denise Morrison became president and CEO of Campbell Soup Company in 2011. The first woman to head the $7.7 billion consumer foods maker, she brought to the task a 30-year track record of building iconic brands at Kraft Foods, Nestle, Nabisco, and Pepsi-Cola. In just her first year as CEO, Morrison reinvigorated sales growth with the launch of 288 new products and the $1.55 billion acquisition of Bolthouse Farms, instilling a new spirit of innovation and creativity at the venerable company. Morrison is a founding member of the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, a first-of-its-kind coalition of manufacturers, retailers, and other organizations to combat obesity, especially among children. She currently serves on the board of directors of Catalyst and Enactus, as well as of the Campbell Soup Company.
- Denise Morrison filled us in on women she admires, turning points in her career, and more!
- Nicole Parent Haughey is Vice President of Corporate Strategy & Development at United Technologies Corporation. She brings to UTC two decades of Wall Street experience, most recently as managing partner at Vertical Research Partners, an independent equity research firm that she co-founded. Haughey previously served as managing director and global sector head of industrials at Credit Suisse, covering the domestic electrical equipment and multi-industry sectors as well as coordinating industrial equity research across the United States, Europe, and Asia. She also held senior research positions at Banc of American Securities, LLC, SalomonSmithBarney, and Cowen & Company. A frequent guest on CNBC, she has been recognized by Institutional Investor, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and StarMine for her insightful analysis. Haughey currently serves on the board of overseers at Harvard University and on the advisory board of the Resolution Project, dedicated to developing socially responsible young leaders.
- We had the opportunity to ask Nicole a few questions. Don't miss her session at the Simmons Leadership Conference!