Student Snippets

A WINDOW INTO THE DAILY LIFE AND THOUGHTS OF SLIS STUDENTS

Preparing For Next Semester

It feels incredibly strange to not have any classes for the rest of the year--even though I took a year off between undergraduate and graduate school, I still feel a bit lost when I'm not doing some sort of course reading or conducting research. In preparation for next semester, I decided to take a close look at the syllabi for the courses I am taking in the spring. Because I'm in the Archives Management concentration, and I've decided to try and focus on the digital aspect of archives, I enrolled in Introduction to Archival Methods and Services, Digital Stewardship, and Metadata. Since the first course includes a sixty hour internship, this means I'll have a pretty intense semester, to say the least!

However, I am excited to work with some of the special collections in my area (Wheeling, WV) which are frequently under utilized and would benefit immensely from a student intern. I'm also exploring some potential projects that I can complete over the summer term--there are excellent local history resources that are rife with possibilities for exhibition, research, partnership, organization, or digitization. Suffice to say, my winter break will not be a lazy one!

Archives | Classes | Internships | Online | SLIS