After School Teacher
posted January 4, 2017 4:01 PM
After School Teacher wanted at the Mary Lyon School in Brighton. This position is a 30 hour a week, benefits-eligible position from 11:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Plan and implement academic, artistic, and sports activities for general and special education students. This position follows the school calendar. Must be committed to family driven and culturally competent care and strength based treatment.
Essential functions include:
- Design, plan, and run activities for regular and special education students in the after-school program.
- Coordinate after school curriculum activities with the day school curriculum.
- Follow children's IEP modifications.
- Write and submit weekly lesson plans to After School Program Coordinator.
- Document and report students' progress in after-school program.
- Maintain communication with parents about student participation in the after-school program.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the After School Program Coordinator and other staff to discuss the week's events and plan future activities and events.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Teachers and Assistant Teachers to discuss behavior modifications and treatment plans for individual students.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.75 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Experience with students who have emotional and/or behavioral issues: 1 year
- Behavior management skills and experience in planning and running activities for children.: 1 year