Youth Outpatient Clinician - Fee for Service
posted February 11, 2017 12:46 PM
Youth Outpatient Clinician needed at Eliot Community Human Services.
1. Provide outpatient mental health/substance abuse services to youth as assigned.
2. Responsible for scheduling appointments with youth, initiating outreach to youth for whom treatment has been interrupted, and for documenting all outreach attempts in the clinical record.
3. Responsible for serving as the HUB for cases designated within CBHI services.
4. Serve as a member of the youth's treatment team, attending meetings and providing necessary documentation.
5. Provide crisis intervention, diagnostic evaluation and treatment services utilizing a variety of evidence based treatment modalities such as ARC, DBT and trauma based models as clinically indicated.
6. Establish effective working relationships with youth and family and develop interventions which best address problems.
7. Implement focused treatment plans that identify measurable goals and time frames for completion.
8. Meet established productivity target.
9. Enter all documentation and billing requirements into the electronic medical record within established deadlines.
10. Update and maintain client's electronic medical record in accordance to contract specifications.
11. Obtain and maintain proper insurance authorization for client service coverage.
12. Collaborate with relevant collaterals such as referring agencies, schools, primary care physicians, family members and/or other Eliot programs to ensure coordination of care in accordance with Agency policy and applicable laws pertaining to client confidentiality.
13. Attend all program and Agency meetings and trainings as required. 14. Correct any documentation deficiencies identified through the Utilization Review or supervisory process. 15. Ensure authorizations, documentation and billing paperwork is accurate and timely.
16. Comply with all statutes and regulations relevant to the maintenance of clinical standards in the Commonwealth, e.g. mandated reporting, and duty to warn.
17. Obtain and maintain current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and all other required training. Ensure that all certificates are current and provide required documentation to the Agency.
18. Responsible for promoting and upholding the principles of Corporate Compliance and the ECHS Corporate Compliance program. Adheres to all applicable ECHS policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct, Consumer Confidentiality, and HIPAA.
19. Acts in an ethical and respectful manner to all clients and staff in an effort to ensure effective communication and coordination of clinical services and office operations. Follows all applicable ECHS policies, state/federal laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
20. Participates in supervision as required by the Director.
21. Respects diversity of others by demonstrating and modeling cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times.
22. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited university/college in a third party reimbursable field or independently licensed as a LICSW, LMHC or LMFT.
Computer literacy and skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
Ability to consistently meet all necessary background and credentialing requirements.
Must have valid driver license and reliable transportation to and from work and for providing services in the community.
Must have reliable telephone notification system for emergency contact.
Must be proficient in English and possess and convey effective verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff and service providers.
Demonstrate sound judgment and effective, solution focused, problem solving skills.
Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisor.
Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and cultural groups.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Frequent walking, standing, bending, reaching and lifting to carry out job responsibilities.
Ability to work a flexible work schedule contingent upon program needs.
Ability to work effectively in a fast pacedenvironment with periods of high stress.
Nearly graduate students (May 2017) and Alumni are encouraged to apply using the following link: