Bilingual (English/Spanish) Social Worker/Clinician
posted March 23, 2017 1:22 PM
The mission of Room to Grow is to enrich the lives of babies born into poverty throughout their critical first three years of development.
Parents living in poverty are referred to Room to Grow by a selected group of prenatal programs throughout the City of Boston. Upon their referral, parents visit Room to Grow's warm and inviting space every three months from just before the birth of their baby until their child turns three years old. In each one-on-one appointment with an experienced, specialized Social Worker, parents receive information about parenting and child development and the support they need to ensure their child has a healthy and secure start in life.
Room to Grow was founded in New York in 1998 and has been serving families in Boston since 2005. As an entrepreneurial and growth-oriented organization, Room to Grow is an exciting period of development as it continues to expand its reach in both cities.
Room to Grow Boston seeks a full-time Bilingual Social Worker (English/Spanish) to carry a caseload of 150 clients, with each family visiting every three months for the first three years of their babies' lives. Each client visit includes one-on-one, parenting education and support (Room to Grow's customized curriculum), distribution of high quality material goods for the baby (books, toys, clothing, equipment), and specialized outside referrals to other services to ensure that each child has a healthy and secure start in life. Clinicians also stay in touch with families ongoing by phone and email.
Conduct one-on-one client visits:
- Carry a consistent caseload of 150 clients
- With fidelity to the Room to Grow curriculum, provide clients with parenting education support, including what to expect at each stage of their child's development (birth through 36 months), strategies to recognize and respond to their child's needs, and help with their individual challenges and concerns
- Facilitate selection of developmentally appropriate baby items
- Refer clients to outside support services and follow up on access to these resources
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients between visits
Develop and manage relationships with prenatal program partners and other community partners:
- Develop and manage relationships with referral partners, including making presentations to prospective referral sources to maintain a consistent flow of incoming referrals
- Communicate with referral partners about eligibility criteria to ensure appropriate referrals are being made
- Identify outside resources for clients and develop relationships with other service organizations to aid in connecting families to needed community supports (government and non-profit)
Manage administration of the client program and database:
- Maintain client appointments to achieve attendance and retention goals within a designated timeline
- Maintain Salesforce database, run reports (with onboarding training if needed) to analyze trends and draw meaningful conclusions about program effectiveness in order to improve our practice as well as to provide program and client information for board reports, fundraising proposals and other materials
Alignment & Professional development:
- Provide and receive peer support to/from clinicians in Boston and New York
- Remain up-to-date on research and best practices in early childhood development
- Represent and embody Room to Grow's core values: Integrity, Respect, Growth, Collaboration, Community, Inclusion
- In depth expertise in early childhood development milestones and parenting strategies for children birth through 36 mo+
- MSW or MA in Child Development or related field; LCSW or LICSW strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years direct clinical experience, including parenting and/or infant mental health work
- Deep experience working with families living in low-income communities
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural influences on parenting
- Highly resourceful and solutions-oriented
- Ability to present Room to Grow's program and mission to a variety of audiences in a compelling, informative way
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, and experience working with databases strongly preferred
Send cover letter and resume in PDF format to HR@roomtogrow.org with the subject header "Bilingual Social Worker". No phone inquiries please.
This is a full-time position with some flexibility for evening and/or weekend hours required. Ability to perform moderate to medium physical duties including lifting up to 25 lbs., climbing ladders, and observing families is a must. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Room to Grow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.