High School Social Worker (LTS)
posted March 23, 2017 1:18 PM
The position of School Adjustment Counselor is designed to provide services to students of North Reading High School.
Chief responsibilities for this position include (this is not a complete list):
1) Conducting individual counseling with students as required/needed
2) Leading group counseling sessions on issues as needed, such as dealing with loss, anxiety issues, depression, social skills
3) Working collaboratively with the School Psychologist, Guidance Counselors, and the School Administration to respond effectively to crisis situations including assessing student safety
4) Coordinating services (communication, tutoring and other academic needs, return to school transitions) for students involved in off-site partial and in-patient mental health and substance abuse programs; support students in Bridge program throughout transition
5) Assisting students who exhibit the following types of behaviors: (a) school refusal, (b) chronic truancy and/or chronic absenteeism
6) Attending identified students' TEAM meetings or 504 meetings
7) Responsible for providing conflict resolution services for referred students
8) Serving as a referral agent and case manager for students and parent(s) in developing a network of social services with community agencies
9) Serving as a member of the school's Student Assistance Team and Crisis Response Team
10) Other duties as assigned by the high school principal.
This assignment begins September 6, 2017 through January 19, 2018.
Massachusetts DESE certification as a School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor.
Ability to produce concise reports concerning relevant developmental, social, and medical information for students; experience in assessing student safety required
Experience with Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and/or Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and mindfulness
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations that govern public schools
Related experience as a School Adjustment Counselor preferred but not required.
At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
To apply: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=2764339&print&preview