In Home Therapist Clinician Master Level
posted March 27, 2017 1:34 PM
Eliot Community Human Services is looking for In Home Therapist Clinicians.
1. Provide in-home, therapeutic interventions including individual, parent/child, and family systems solution-focused treatment.
2. Conduct a comprehensive bio-psychosocial needs assessment for the child or adolescent and their family, which responds to the diversity of the individuals and families served.
3. Take the lead in the development of a strength-based treatment plan and safety plan. Such plans will include behavior modification therapy and crisis intervention to determine ways to best defuse a situation without necessarily moving a child and linkage to needed supportive services.
4. Provide emergency response and intensive outreach to families in order to assist them in stabilizing children and adolescents within their home during a psychiatric crisis.
5. Be flexible with work schedule to accommodate the needs of the families during evenings and weekends.
6. Meet established productivity target.
7. Collaborate with Emergency Services as needed, regarding clinical alerts or crisis response plans.
8. Able to utilize innovative, evidence-based techniques and motivational counseling to inspire families and to increase treatment plan compliance.
9. Guide the delivery of services, formulate treatment, and communicate regularly with the IHT Therapeutic Training and Support Worker concerning on-going client/family needs and progress.
10. Coordinate treatment planning and aftercare services with other treatment providers, so as not to duplicate services and to foster seamless and consistent support.
11. Participate in an inter-agency Systems of Care Service Plan with involved state agencies, outpatient therapists, court personnel, primary care providers, educational advocates, and others involved with the family, when indicated.
12. Attend discharge planning meetings for any referral from a hospital inpatient unit or CBAT program.
13. Provide a minimum of weekly contact with assigned families and collaterals.
14. Enter all documentation and billing requirements into the electronic medical record within established deadlines.
15. Update and maintain client's electronic medical record in accordance to contract specifications.
16. Obtain and maintain proper insurance authorization for client service coverage.
17. Comply with HUB provider responsibilities as identified in MCE's service definition.
18. Provide transportation when there is a clear purpose and intent to support treatment goals.
19. Serve as member of on-call rotation providing telephonic support after hours and on weekends.
20. Maintain positive relationships with community agencies.
21. Comply with all statutes and regulations relevant to the maintenance of clinical standards in the Commonwealth, e.g., mandated reporting, and duty to warn.
22. Obtain and maintain current certifications in CPR, First Aid and all other required training. Ensure that all certificates are current and provide required documentation to the Agency.
23. Responsible for promoting and upholding the principles of Corporate Compliance and the ECHS Corporate Compliance program. Adhere to all ECHS policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct, Consumer Confidentiality, and HIPAA.
24. Act in an ethical, legal, and responsible manner, following all applicable ECHS policies, state/federal laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
25. Respect diversity of others by demonstrating and modeling cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times.
26. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
• Master's Degree in Social Work, or related field, or independently licensed as a LICSW or LMHC, with relevant community-based social service work with parents and children.
• Able to provide in-home support.
• Computer literacy and skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
• Ability to consistently meet all necessary background and credentialing requirements.
• Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation to and from work and for providing services in the community.
• Must have reliable telephone notification system for emergency contact.
• Must be proficient in English and possess and convey effective verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff and service providers.
• Ability to function as a member of a team.
• Ability to relate easily to others on an individual basis and in a group. Demonstrate sound judgment and effective, solution focused, problem solving skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with staff, co-workers and supervisor.
• Must have the ability to establish a rapport with a culturally and economically diverse group of families.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and cultural groups.
Physical and Mental Demands: Frequent walking, standing, bending, reaching and lifting to carry out job responsibilities. Ability to work a flexible work schedule contingent upon program needs. Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment with periods of high stress. Ability to stay calm in a crisis, to function under intense pressure, and to provide direction and support to others.
The Majors required are Social Services / Nursing / Psychology
Bachelor Degree (min. 3.00 GPA)
We have already started the recruiting process, but are still searching for fitting candidates.
Other instruction for the application:
No cover letter required, just send the resume (in PDF format).
Link to the job complete description (and application):