Clinical Inpatient Social Worker
posted April 19, 2017 9:56 AM
The clinical social worker at Bay Ridge Hospital is responsible for the day to day treatment, management, disposition, and aftercare plan for their assigned patients. This position requires someone who is able to multi-task, who is flexible and has excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers. Assumes responsibility for the planning and delivery of safe and therapeutic treatment to all patients. Assures efficient patient utilization of continuum resources through close communication and collaboration with the patient, primary treatment team, insurers, and community and family support systems. In collaboration with the treatment team, plans appropriate individual and group treatment plans to meet the ongoing needs of assigned patients.
1. Is expected to support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Advocate for patient needs by conducting ongoing psychosocial needs assessments and communicating these needs to the treatment team.
3. Plan and implement appropriate inpatient disposition in collaboration with the treatment team.
4. Effectively identify patient, family, institutional and community barriers to discharge or transitions in treatment. Coordinate referrals and facilitate transitions in treatment while addressing the barriers identified.
5. Maintain appropriate records and consistently complete paperwork requirements.
6. Coordinate the development and formulation of psychosocial and case management needs assessments.
7. Facilitate and/or provide direct clinical therapeutic interventions to prevent relapse and ensure continuity of care.
8. Provide information/education to patients and their families/significant others regarding illness, recovery and treatment options.
9. Work collaboratively and professionally with the treatment team in maintaining a collaborative relationship with the outside providers and the reimbursement team to optimize the provision of high-quality patient care.
10. Attend clinical department meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care.
11. Attend all appropriate administrative meetings that support the mission of the hospital.
12. Support and implement administrative decisions.
13. Utilize and provide supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
14. Maintain a solid understanding of hospital policies and protocols, and practices within those policies and protocols.
15. Participate in ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
16. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies? expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, Payers, etc.).
17. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
MSW required with a current valid Massachusetts license, LICSW preferred. Will consider LCSW, or new grad who is LCSW eligible and has experience and is willing to learn.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) Individual case management and knowledge of managed care
2) De-escalation/restraint management techniques
3) Motivational Interviewing and short-term treatment techniques
4) Strong ability to assess and evaluate patient needs and develop treatment plans to address the identified needs.
5) Strong organizational skills
6) Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced work environment
7) Brief family interventions as required
Demonstrates leadership qualities with adaptive abilities and strong interpersonal relations skills. Possess
management skills and the ability to effectively supervise employees. Ability to use sound administrative practices. Work cooperatively and effectively with others and ability to adapt to changes in the workplace. Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
Days (1) Scheduled Hours 40 hours per week, full time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Email Denise Mason: firstname.lastname@example.org