Job Board


Staff Counselor

The staff counselor provides short-term counseling, crisis intervention, and mental health outreach services to enhance the psychological and emotional welfare of students and the College community

Essential Functions:

  • Provides psychological counseling and crisis intervention for students.
  • Maintains case notes and other documentation according to best practices and counseling services policies.
  • Works collaboratively with others, including multidisciplinary mental health and College medical staff, deans and student life staff.
  • Demonstrates experience and expertise in multi-cultural counseling, working with students of color, supporting undocumented students and/or LGBTQ students in individual, group counseling and outreach services.
  • Receives clinical and administrative support from the Executive Director.
  • Collaborates with Counseling Services of Addison County as necessary for continuity of care.
  • Attends consultation meetings with other departments as needed.
  • Trains and supports residential life staff, faculty and others as needed.
  • Reviews and recommends appropriate assessment instruments and other clinical interventions and mental health programs for students.
  • Performs related responsibilities as necessary to properly assess and counsel students.
  • Must handle confidential information appropriately.
  • Maintains highest ethical standards according to Vermont statutes and standards in the mental health professions.
  • Maintains appropriate state licensing and/or certifications to practice in Vermont, or demonstrates progress towards licensure.


  • M.A., M.S., M.S.W., Ed,D, or clinical field. Formal training in clinical assessment and counseling. Demonstrated skills and experience in multi-cultural counseling.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

  • Must maintain and update knowledge of current assessment and counseling techniques and professional license and/or certificates.


  • 2 - 5 years of clinical experience required, including practicum and internship work.
  • Current, active Vermont license in clinical field, or equivalent transferable license in another state, or demonstrated progress towards licensure.

If interested, please apply here: