In Home Therapist
posted April 24, 2017 4:44 PM
The In-Home Therapist is responsible for working with children & youth with emotional, behavioral and learning challenges. The In-Home Therapist assists families stabilize youth in their home and community environments.
The service is intended to prevent the youth's admission to an inpatient hospital, psychiatric residential treatment facility or other treatment settings. The In-Home therapy team offers a combination of Intensive In-Home Therapy and Therapeutic Training and Support to youth and their families. Intensive In-Home Therapy may include working with the entire family, or a subset of the family, to improve: Problem Solving, Limit Setting, Communication, Risk management/Safety Planning, and Effective patterns of interaction.
• Comprehensive, home-based behavioral health assessment inclusive of the CANS
• Risk management/safety planning
• Treatment planning
• Intensive Family Therapy
• Participates in discharge planning
• Identification of community resources and development of natural supports for youth and parent/guardian/caregiver
• Care coordination
• Coaching in support of decision-making in both crisis and non-crisis situations
• Skills training for youth and parent/guardian/caregiver
• Phone crisis response
• Member transportation provided by staff
• Member outreach
• Master's Degree, CAGs, terminal degree in social work, mental health counseling or counseling psychology from an accredited institution.
• Must be license eligible (LICSW, LMHC, LMFT, Ed.D, Psy.D, Ph.D) and have completed all coursework for licensure
• Have a minimum of 1 year working or interning in a clinical setting, residential program, school counseling program
• Be familiar and sensitive to diverse cultures and ethnicities
• Pass a standard CORI/SORI and driving screening
• Must have basic computer skills: Ability to navigate the internet and basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Please send resume and cover letter to Crystal Contrino, LMHC, ATR, Director of Community Based Services Gloucester; email@example.com