Medical Social Worker
posted May 1, 2017 2:23 PM
The purpose of this position at HospiceCare in The Berkshires is to provide initial psychosocial evaluations, ongoing psychosocial counseling, direct casework services, bereavement services and community education, outreach and referrals. Responsible for the delivery of varied social work services to hospice patients and families and actively participate as a member of the hospice interdisciplinary team.
(Minimum qualifications will be considered required unless specifically stated otherwise)
• Minimum of one (1) year's experience in health care.
• Experience in a hospice care preferred.
• Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
Education and Training:
• A graduate of a Master's program in social work accredited by the Council on
Social Work Education.
License, Certification & Registration:
• Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
• Current Massachusetts licensure: LCSW or LICSW
• Valid driver's license
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.